Mint and configure tokens and accounts.
Director of Software Engineering
Director of Software Engineering
We are a fast-growing company built around a revolutionary technology — the hashgraph consensus algorithm. Hedera Hashgraph is well-suited to become the world’s first mass-adopted distributed public ledger because it is blazing fast, highly secure, and ensures fairness. We are on a mission to create a trusted and empowered digital future for everyone; a cyberspace where you work, play, buy, sell, create, and engage socially; where you have safety and privacy in your digital communities; where you feel confident when interacting with others; where you own and control your information.
Our engineering Directors are highly technical, organized, and efficient leaders. They are deeply motivated to build the best team and the best product. They are focused on achieving the mission. As Director of Software Engineering, you will be responsible for software development, and you will be measured on delivery, quality, and employee satisfaction. You are expected to wear multiple hats and help the organization scale better under your leadership. Join us and say, “Hello future.”
The perfect candidate would be someone who has experience working with a team to build an amazing product in a competitive environment. Someone who values honesty and kindness. Someone who is focused on outcomes, achieving the mission , minimizing the process, and who questions every requirement. Someone with no ego. Someone who is quick to praise, and slow to take offense. Someone who has the emotional maturity to make the hard choices without losing their humanity. Someone who inspires their team. They must be self-aware, recognize their strengths and weaknesses, and know how to organize a team to leverage their strengths and buttress their weaknesses. They need to have great organizational skills with great attention to details and the ability to manage large projects with many interlocking pieces.
About The Role:
- Lead a team of highly motivated managers and professionals to efficiently deliver rock-solid software
- Ensure stable and predictable delivery of features
- Collaborate with the cross-functional team - product managers, program managers, executives
- Work closely with our development partners as if they are part of our team
- Participate in architectural and design discussions, and help software managers deal with day-to-day issues.
- Own all aspects of releases - including development, testing, documentation, configuration, and monitoring.
- Promote the culture and values that focus on integrit, ethics, service, excellence, and teamwork.
- 3+ years of working as a Software Director
- Proven track record of delivering stable software with innovative features
- The ability to think at the system level is a must
- Experience in large infrastructure/mission-critical projects is highly desired
- Great people management skills are required
- Hands-on technical expertise - not afraid to roll up their sleeves and help the team, if required
- Familiarity with security principles for software development
- Experience with blockchain (e.g., Bitcoin or Ethereum) and distributed applications is a plus, but not mandatory