Mint and configure tokens and accounts.
Senior Software Engineer, Backend
At TRM, we're on a mission to build a safer financial system for billions of people around the world. Our next-generation platform, which combines threat intelligence with machine learning, enables financial institutions and governments to detect cryptocurrency fraud and financial crime at an unprecedented scale.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Backend Engineering team, working on mission-critical features that analyze blockchain transaction activity at a massive scale. You will bring your wealth of knowledge in building highly scalable systems, web applications, APIs, and services and be deeply involved in every stage of the development cycle. In collaboration with a team of data scientists, engineers, and product managers, you will help to champion the velocity, quality, and overall impact of TRM's product and ultimately, a safer financial system for the world.
The impact you’ll have here:
- Architect and build highly scalable, reliable, and data-heavy systems and APIs that will integrate a variety of data sources
- Build performant, and reliable production-grade systems, from whiteboard to production
- Work across the stack (db, cache, code, deploy) to address technical challenges anywhere in the system
- Mentor fellow team members and participate in code reviews and design reviews
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, designers, and product managers to define and implement backend services.
- Create novel approaches to tackling blockchain-specific challenges around scale, security, and privacy.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience designing and building scalable systems, web applications, APIs, and services.
- Experience with storage systems such as relational databases and analytical databases (e.g., Postgres)
- We mostly work in Node.js and Typescript. However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- Experience with software review, build and deployment systems (e.g., Github, Docker, AWS)
- Experience collaborating in cross-functional team environment with a diverse group of people at all levels in an organization.
- A high degree of initiative and ownership, combined with the ability to navigate ambiguity and adapt quickly to change.
- Exceptional ability to structure problems and identify the most critical issues to prioritize.
The TRM way
- We define high-impact targets through customer centricity, prioritization, and adaptability.
- We execute efficiently to achieve our goals through good judgment, velocity, and humility.
- We elevate our team’s performance through integrity, apprenticeship, and positivity.
Why TRM Labs
- Join a mission-driven company that's building a safer financial system for billions of people.
- Do meaningful work alongside a bright and humble team.
- Develop world-class products that are trusted by leading institutions and agencies.
- Tackle novel challenges in blockchain, data science, and threat intelligence.
- We've raised $150M from JPMorgan Chase, Visa, PayPal, Tiger Global, Bessemer, among others.
- Enjoy a remote-first workplace with hubs in San Francisco, Washington, DC, and London.
- Remote-first work environment, with optional in-person offices
- Regular team off-sites and retreats
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Premium health, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA, HSA ,and 401K programs
- Life & disability coverage
- Generous paid time for vacation, volunteering, sick leave, and parental leave
- Fitness, co-working, and home office reimbursements
- Fertility, professional coaching, and mental health resources
We encourage you to reach out even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Do not worry about picking exactly the right job; we can always explore other options after starting the conversation. Your passion and interests will set you apart, especially if your background or career is unconventional. Join us!