Mint and configure tokens and accounts.
Project Design Engineer
TxMQ IT Solutions & Staffing
Our client, an engineered-to-order manufacturer in NY, is searching for a highly qualified Project Engineer for their growing organization. This is an opportunity to join a leading designer and international manufacturer serving world class companies across the globe!
WHO ARE YOU? Looking for an engineering candidate with a strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, strong design skills, mechanical aptitude and a natural curiosity in how things work. Seeking an individual that is highly professional, understands timelines, budgets, able to receive feedback, interested in the success of a project, willing to accept accountability.
OBJECTIVE: Provide broad-based equipment design expertise and leadership to large OEM projects. The scope of the responsibility encompasses all aspects of engineering from mechanical to electrical and instrumentation. Responsible for the technical integrity of product, from design concept to final product.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide broad-based design expertise in terms of functionality, cost, and manufacturability of large OEM projects.
- Translate product performance requirements into technical specifications.
- Develop design concepts to meet performance and process specifications
- Develop test methods and plans to verify product performance
- Oversee engineering staff to ensure detailed design meet specifications
- Utilize design software to: Provide design concept & specifications for other members of design staff, Perform engineering calculations, Perform FEA analysis to optimize design
- Select and specify materials and interact with purchasing to modify materials or components when necessary.
- Provide necessary guidance, mentoring, and training on company-specific technology and best practices to transfer knowledge and increase efficiencies.
- Collaborate with Process Technology Engineer(s) on projects that require in-depth technical analyses.
- Interface and provide assistance to subcontractors and customers.
- Provide support during the installation and start-up phase of projects.
- Provide technical expertise and support during customer interactions.
- Assist Applications department with engineering studies as needed.
- BSME or BSMT required
- In depth knowledge of mechanical engineering design skills
- In-depth knowledge & experience designing assemblies, sub-assemblies, and components using the following manufacturing processes: Large structural fabrications, Sheet metal, Castings, Machining, Low-volume assembly
- Experience and familiarity with materials such as various grades of stainless steel, silicon carbide, graphite, high-temp alloys, etc.
- Capability to develop innovative optimal designs
- Must demonstrate good judgment, ability to make decisions and delegate tasks effectively.
- Proficiency with 2D & 3D design tools, such as AutoCAD and Inventor, is highly desirable.
- Must possess ability to communicate effectively with customer
- Must be able to receive feedback, participate a member of a cross-functional team, provide a high level of customer service to internal customers.
- Must be willing to travel-both domestically/internationally up to 15%